Our training team are passionate about raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing and are proud to work with brilliant organisations, having taught and trained staff from a vast range of companies and sectors in our training sessions.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind’s training staff are highly personable, knowledgeable and flexible in their approach to training. All adhere to ethical standards set by professional health and counselling bodies.
Working with Coventry and Warwickshire Mind’s training team can enhance the reputation of your organisation as an employer who is invested in the wellbeing of your staff.
Browse the courses we offer by downloading the training brochure via the link below.
Did you know poor mental health is now the main reason for staff absence in the UK? Mental Health First Aid training is an effective way to reduce absenteeism, enhance wellbeing and increase productivity.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
“MHFA will teach you to listen, reassure and respond; even in a crisis.”
Research shows that taking part in a MHFA course will:
- Raise awareness of mental health, and increase
mental health literacy
- Reduce stigma around mental ill health
- Boost knowledge and confidence in dealing with
mental health issues
- Promote early intervention which enables recovery
There are options of Youth MHFA or Adult MHFA; the adult courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has attended an Instructor Training Programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn. Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. While there are options for half day and one day courses, please note that only the two-day course certifies you to become an accredited Mental Health First Aider.
The two-day course is designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support.
As well as open courses to book onto individually; we also deliver in-house at your choice of location.
Please contact our Training team for pricing and enquiries:
T: 02477 714555