We are looking for volunteers to get involved with our Community Adult Autism Support Service (CAASS) in Coventry and Warwickshire.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is delivering a pilot project
working with adults with autism. The
volunteer opportunities available are:
- To work alongside staff delivering six-week courses (2 hrs per week) and enable individuals to understand and come terms with and self-manage their diagnosis.
- To work alongside staff supporting service users to develop peer support groups, to decrease isolation and build social networks (2 hrs per week).
Induction and training opportunities will be provided.
The above volunteer roles are available in Nuneaton, Coventry or Rugby.
If you are interested, or would like to find out more,
please contact the CAASS team on 02477 714545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What is volunteers week?
Volunteers’ Week is a chance to celebrate and say thank you for the fantastic contribution millions of volunteers make across the UK. It takes place from June 1 – 7 every year.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is thankful for the large number of volunteers who work across a range of our services. While supporting our charity, they gain valuable new skills and experiences.
Would you like to join us as a volunteer?
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind has a number of services that are in need of volunteers, such as:
The Buddy Service
The Buddy Service is dedicated to ensuring a young person’s self-esteem and confidence will grow and for them to feel comfortable and happy with their social life so they no longer require the Buddy Service.
Can you spare two hours per week for at least six months to make a difference to a young person’s life? If so click this link.
Mums in Mind
Mums in Mind provides support for pregnant women and mums who are experiencing mental health issues, emotional distress and/or those who feel lonely and may lack the support of family and friends.
Could you support a pregnant woman or new mum in Coventry with their emotional wellbeing? To find out more follow this link.
How to get involved with CW Mind volunteering
- We are always looking for volunteers. Find out more about volunteering with CW Mind and how to get involved by clicking this link.
- At Coventry and Warwickshire Mind we have a variety of services that benefit from our volunteers work. To find out what services you could volunteer for visit this link
- Meet some of our volunteers and find out about their experiences volunteering with us by reading their stories via this link.
Throughout the week there will be numerous events across the UK which you can get involved with to help support those who take the time to support others. To find out more information about Volunteers Week and its upcoming events, click this link.
We’ll be on Twitter promoting the campaign along with other organisations across the UK. You’ll find us @cwmind using the hashtag #VolunteersWeek.