How to get fresh air and stay home…
Fresh air and nature everyday is good for your mental and physical health they say, right?
Some of us manage our anxiety or low mood by getting outside and under normal circumstances we can do that as often as like, what other ways are there to get as much sunshine, fresh air and nature as we can whilst still adhering to the governments stay home guidelines?
Obviously, one thing available to some of us is our allowed once a day exercise outside of the home, whether that be a run, walk or cycle, alone or with members of our household. Find the detailed government guidance here
What else can we do?
Have a look at this list of ideas from National Mind, what could you try today?
- Spend time with the windows open to let in fresh air.
- Arrange a comfortable space to sit, for example by a window where you can look out over a view of trees or the sky, or watch birds and other animals.
- Look at photos of your favourite places in nature. Use them as the background on your mobile phone or computer screen, or print and put them up on your walls.
- Listen to natural sounds, like recordings or apps that play birdsong, ocean waves or rainfall.
- Get as much natural light as you can.
- Spend time in your garden if you have one, or open your front or back door and sit on the doorstep.
- If you have safe access to green space like a garden, you could bring some natural materials in to decorate your living space, or use them in art projects. This could include leaves, flowers, feathers, tree bark or seeds.
- You may be able to buy seeds, flowers or plants online for delivery, to grow and keep indoors. If you order items for delivery, ask to have them left at your doorstep, to avoid face-to-face contact.
Bringing nature into your everyday life can benefit both your mental and physical wellbeing. It can improve your mood, reduce feelings of stress or anger, and make you feel more relaxed.
TEaM post a daily dose of nature on their
facebook and instagram pages,
click on their logo to check them out!