How’s your Resolution?
Struggling with your New Year’s Resolutions? Try These 10 motivational tips:
1. Are you trying to achieve too much? Ensure you have a specific goal –all the evidence shows you are more likely to succeed if you focus one change at a time.
2. Make a plan. The more detailed you can be the better.
3. Set small steps to reach your goal. Realistic tasks will provide incentives to carry on.
4. Be kind to yourself. Self-criticism does not normally help confidence. It may take a while to start feeling the benefits of the changes you are making so try to be patient.
5. Reward yourself when you achieve a small step.
6. Get support. Have someone to confide in and if possible have someone make their personal changes with you.
7. Remind yourself often why you are making these changes in your life and what benefits will be.
8. Try some form of relaxation. If you are relaxed you are more likely to succeed.
9. Try some motivational videos from YouTube or read success stories.
10. Keep your sense of humour! None of us are perfect.
These tips have been put together by our training team who deliver mental health courses across Coventry and Warwickshire. Find out more about the courses they offer here.