- Induction training and regular ongoing training
- Help and support from the service manager
- Reimbursement of any out of pocket expenses
- Regular supervisionReference for future employment (after six months regular volunteering)
- Public liability insurance
We ask for commitment of at least two hours per week for a minimum of six months (depending on the placement) and confidentiality.
A volunteer needs to:
- Have warmth, sensitivity, understanding, patience and a sense of humour, with a mature flexible outlook and enough time to volunteer regularly.
- Be able to give at least six months commitment.
- No specific experience is necessary as training will be given.
A volunteer has to:
- Complete an application form.
- Provide details of two referees (who are not related and have known the applicant for a minimum of two years)
- Complete a DBS check
- Attend any training required.